Process to delete, zip or move old files.
The below table details the DC_ARCHIVE template parameters.
|findFunct||Analytic||dxFileMatch||Analytic used to find files in a directory|
|fileConfig||Config||DC_ARCHIVE_FILES||Files to archive|
For each row in the fileConfig config parameter:
- If numDaysOlderThan is -1 the row is ignored.
- The findFunct analytic is run, the analytic should take 1 parameter which is the row passed in as a dictionary. e.g. dxFileMatch uses the system find command to find files or folders older than numDaysOlderThan in the directory like fileRegex but not like ignoreFileRegex.
- For each file or folder returned by findFunct the analytic in the row is run e.g. dxFileGzip or dxFileDelete. This analytic should also take 1 parameter which is the row passed in as a dictionary + the file/folder added as a dictionary key.
- dxFileDelete will run rm –fr file.
- dxFileGzip will run tar or gzip to create an archive file, and move it to destinationDirectory if destinationDirectory is not null.
See Also: Archiving files