Kx Dashboards is a minimal portable install only requiring 64-bit kdb+ 3.4+ to run.
- Install kdb:
- Define q as a command:
Users can obtain a free copy of 64-bit kdb+ for personal, non-commercial use from https://ondemand.kx.com/.
Install and run
- Extract Dashboards zip file...
- Run Kx Dashboards and a sample data process.
Windows : click
dash.batto launch from the Dashboards folder
Linux and MacOS : manually open a terminal and launch the processes.
$ q sample/demo.q -u 1 & $ q dash.q -p 10001 -u 1
-secure restricts dash.q to access only functions defined on the
-p listening port to serve Kx Dashboards
-u 1 disables system commands and no access above start directory
-u usr-pwd sets a password file for basic authentication
-E TLS server mode
See the Full Command Line Reference for more detailed explanation
- Dashboard starts with a Demo page in Viewer mode by default. To enable the dashboard editor, insert
/edit/between the URL and
#dashboardreference. This will enable menu options to create your own dashboard.
- Drag a component from the left and arrange on the central canvas, e.g. Data Grid
- Configure properties on the right, e.g. set a new Data Source to view data
- Add a form component and link it using View States