Changes in 3.4¶
Below is a summary of changes from V3.3. Commercially licensed users may obtain the detailed change list / release notes from http://downloads.kx.com
Production release date¶
- IPC message size limit raised from 2GB to 1TB.
- supports IPC via Unix domain sockets for lower latency, higher throughput local IPC connections.
- can use both incoming and outgoing encrypted connections using Secure Sockets Layer(SSL)/Transport Layer Security(TLS).
- can read directly from NamedPipes (e.g. avoid unzipping a CSV to disk, can pipe it directly into kdb+).
x~/:varcharare now ~10x faster.
- improved performance by ~10x for
likeon nested char vectors on disk.
- can utilize the snappy compression algorithm as algo #3 for File Compression.
- certain vector types can now be updated efficiently, directly on disk, rather than having to rewrite the whole file on change.
- added async broadcast as
-25!(handles;msg) which serializes the msg once, queuing it as async msg to each handle.
parsecan now handle k in addition to q code.
.Q.encan now handle lists of sym vectors: Enumerating nested varchar columns
Not upwardly compatible¶
emais now a reserved word.