The Range Slider offers select filtering of sequential range data, e.g. time or date
A chart with a range slider
Set data source to include the range period you wish to use
If using a single selector for the range slider then set a view state parameter to Selected Value. If using a min/max selector, then set view state parameters for each of Selected Min Value and Selected Max Value.
Use the Selected Min Value and Selected Max Value or Selected Value view state parameters in queries where you want the output filtered by the range slider.
- Data Source
- A data source
- A View State Parameter: links the Range Slider to another component, which will have the same View State Parameter in its Range
- Selected Value
- A View State Parameter for the value selected
- Selected Min Value
- A View State Parameter for the minimum value of the selected range
- Selected Max Value
- A View State Parameter for the maximum value of the selected range
- Axis Value
- A Data Source column to be used as the X-axis label
- Axis Type
Data type for the Axis Value
Wrong X-axis labels?
If X-axis labels look incorrect, try selecting a different type
- Axis Format
- For when Axis Type is
- Axis Scale
- Define whether axis uses default ordering from the query ('none') or sequential (time, date etc) scaling
When Use Fixed Num of Ticks is checked, chart displays Num of Ticks ticks in the X axis.
When Show All Ticks is checked, every charted data point is shown in the X axis
- Rotation of X axis labels
Allows for custom look of range slider by percentage zones
- Zone name
- Percentage area filled by segment zone
- Color shading of range slider for defined percentage area
Style, Margins and Format
Style for common settings