Changes in 3.2
Below is a summary of changes from V3.1. Commercially-licensed users may obtain the detailed change list / release notes from downloads.kx.com
Production release date¶
- allow views to use their previous value as part of their recalc.
- views, in addition to vars, are now also returned by default HTTP handler.
- removed limit on number of concurrent vectors which can have
\c– Console width, height now defaults to 100 1000, previously was 25 80;
COLUMNSenvironment vars override it.
- allow some messaging threads other than main.
`pattr if both args to catenate have
`pattr, and parted info conforms
- map single splayed files.
- appending a sorted vector to a sorted vector on disk now just appends to the file if the sort can be retained.
exec by a,bor
select by a,bnow sets sort/part attr for those cols. Enhancement to that released on 2014.02.07, now multiple cols
- Support automatic WebSockets compression according to (http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-hybi-permessage-compression-17)
dsaveto make it easy to
.Q.en\`p#symand save; expects
symas first col.
rloadchanged to map all singleton splayed tables; eliminates all the open, map, unmap, close overhead.
- expanded mlim (number of mapped nested files) from 251 to 32767.
- Added WebSocket client functionality.
.z.wsmust be defined before opening a WebSocket
- allow single escape
\/in char vector (to support JSON)
- JSON [de]serialization is now part of
- uses two file descriptors per compressed file. This is a result of the change in design to accommodate decompressing a file from multiple threads
Not upwardly compatible¶
- views cannot be triggered for recalc from socket threads – signals
- view loop detection is no longer performed during view creation; now is during the view recalc.
enlistare now reserved words.
`gattr can be set on a vector in main thread only.