From Kx Wiki
Below is a summary of changes from v3.3. Commercially licensed users may obtain the detailed change list / release notes from http://downloads.kx.com
- ema is now a reserved word.
- ipc message size limit raised from 2GB to 1TB.
- supports IPC via unix domain sockets for lower latency, higher throughput local ipc connections.
- can use both incoming and outgoing encrypted connections using Secure Sockets Layer(SSL)/Transport Layer Security(TLS).
- can read directly from NamedPipes (e.g. avoid unzipping a csv to disk, can pipe it directly into kdb+).
- varchar~\:x and x~/:varchar are now ~10x faster.
- improved performance by ~10x for 'like' on nested char vectors on disk.
- can utilize the snappy (http://google.github.io/snappy) compression algorithm as algo #3 for File Compression.
- certain vector types can now be updated efficiently, directly on disk, rather than having to rewrite the whole file on change.
- added async broadcast as -25!(handles;msg) which serializes the msg once, queuing it as async msg to each handle.
- parse can now handle k in addition to q code.
- .Q.en can now handle lists of sym vectors Enumerating nested varchar columns