Reporting Bugs in Kx Products
Licensed customers of Kx should report bugs in Kx products to the email group firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other application errors or programming assistance requests should be referred to your company's internal support groups or the appropriate Kx partner if your company has a support contract (see Kx Partners).
When reporting a kdb+ bug please don't just email one person directly. They may be unavailable and your report would go unseen; in any case that person would automatically forward it to email@example.com.
When sending the bug report please ensure that you include the following information:
- the exact version of kdb+ being used. Including the start-up banner is the simplest way to do this:
KDB+ 2.5 2008.12.15 Copyright (C) 1993-2008 Kx Systems l64/ 8()core 16025MB simon welly3 127.0.0.1 EXPIRE 2010.01.10 welly3 #42690
- If you aren't using the latest version of kdb+, please confirm that the problem still occurs in the latest version (from kxdownloads.com) - the problem may already have been reported and fixed.
- information about the OS being used, machine configuration and file system (if relevant).
- details of any external code (dlls, user written primitives) loaded into the problem session.
- If external code is being loaded into the session verify that the problem still occurs when it is NOT loaded.
- detailed list of steps to be taken to reproduce the error. Try to isolate the problem to a few lines of q and a tiny sample of data.
- Don't send complete applications, or commercially sensitive code/data!
- Don't send core-dumps unless requested, they're typically only meaningful on the machine where they were generated. If you know how to generate a backtrace from a core-dump, please do send us the backtrace.
- every Kx customer has a designated technical contact, please cc them on the email.
- if appropriate, include contact details, and information about when it's convenient to contact you.