Tutorial introductions to kdb+
- A Brief Introduction to kdb+ by Fintan Quill. A very quick overview to running your first query.
- Starting kdb+ by Chris Burke. This basic introduction to kdb+ gives the foundation needed for Jeff Borror's tutorials.
- Q for Mortals by Jeffry A. Borror. This significantly extended version covers kdb+ version 2.4. If you are a new kdb+ user then this is the book for you!
- Kdb+ for Mortals, Chapter 1 by Jeffry A. Borror. This gives a detailed explanation of how kdb+ databases are created, stored on disk and accessed from Q.
Comments on these tutorials should be sent to email@example.com.
Q for Mortals is also available from Amazon.
Other useful introductions are:
- kdb+ Database and Language Primer by Dennis Shasha.
- Abridged Q Language Manual by Arthur Whitney.
A free 32bit version of kdb+ is available. Use this to explore kdb+ features and try out the examples included in the tutorials.